Friday 15 July 2011

Project 1: Gored Skirt

So my plan with this blog is to follow along with my design projects, probably intermixed with some inspirations and everyday stuff as well. So here we go...

The project I started last night and that will be the first to be feature on my blog (henceforth referred to as "Project 1") is a two-tone gored skirt. I already have the fabric, as I had the initial idea for this skirt well over a year ago, but was not really set up for sewing in my old place (I moved 2 weeks ago).

I've posted up the newest sketch (the top in the sketch will probably be one of my next projects). Sketching is not one of my strong points, so it's a good thing I can sew. I'm not sure where I would be without a croquis! I didn't bother to put in colours since I already know what fabric I'll be using: pink and green poplin.

Last night I also did some drafting in 1/4 scale, which I find to be a great way to organize my thoughts before I start on the full scale. Which is good, because I ended up making some changes between the 1/4 and full scale drafts!


Let me know what you think! You can click to make the pictures larger.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Do you cut out your patterns from Newspaper? My Mom used to do that with clothes she'd make us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea! I go to the medical store and buy the rolls of very light crepe paper they use to cover the beds at doctors' offices.

    ReplyDelete